How to apply
Indigo Tree are not currently recruiting for this role, but if you’d like to work with us in the future, our Engineering Director would love to hear from you. Please contact [email protected] or on LinkedIn.
Recruitment agencies – please don’t contact us.
Indigo Tree is looking for a Web Developer with WordPress experience to join its Engineering team. You will join the projects team and develop digital platforms, working closely with experienced Project Managers and other Web Developers.
We have a lovely office in the centre of Tring, Hertfordshire (just ~50 mins north of London by train) if you prefer to work in an office or just make an occasional visit, but this role can be a remote position for UK-based people.
As a web developer, you will have knowledge of modern web technologies and best practices, including semantic HTML, modern CSS, and accessibility. Your previous experience should include building custom WordPress sites or themes, and demonstrate an awareness of the performance implications of your work. You should also be able to demonstrate an understanding of security best practices.
You’ll be familiar with the tools required for development projects. This includes a good understanding of Git, conflict resolution, local development environments, following coding standards and/or other best practices.
About Indigo Tree
Indigo Tree is a website design and development agency with expertise in digital solutions, content creation and SEO (search engine optimisation) for businesses, schools, and agencies across the UK. We provide a strategic and well-rounded offering – from business and brand strategy to experience-led design and technology.
Fundamental to our whole being and behaviour is integrity, which is born out of our passion for technology and business, and an enthusiasm to deliver the best results for our clients.
You’ll have most of these skills:
- 2-4 years previous experience developing with WordPress.
- A good understanding of WordPress, HTML5 & CSS.
- Ability to debug your own code and that of others.
- A good understanding of modern web development technologies and best practises.
- Experience in versioning technologies such as Git.
- Ability to set up local development environments.
- You’ll be working closely with your colleagues, so you’ll need strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to manage your workload and juggle multiple tasks.
Your responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementing features.
- Refactoring code and carrying out bug fixes.
- Working with other developers and project managers.
- Delivering work on time and according to specifications.
- Regular communication with both your team and the rest of the company.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and to communicate issues to your team.
- Communicate effectively with the team if you are struggling or need guidance on assigned tasks.
- Interact with clients in a professional and respectful way. in a professional and respectful way.
Who you’ll be working with:
Reports to: Engineering Director.
Works with: Project Management Team, QA (Quality Assurance), Developers.
What’s on offer:
- 25 days annual leave + 8 public holidays.
- A £500 personal training budget for further professional development and attending conferences.
- Generous pension: Indigo Tree contribute 6%, which is double the minimum requirement.
- Remote working is an option (about half of us work fully remote).
- Flexible working options; we have a lovely office in Tring, Hertfordshire.
- A positive, supportive atmosphere!
- Dedicated training days to help you learn new skills.
- Perkbox: monthly discounts on restaurants, cinema, and retail stores.
- Opportunity to work on a variety of client accounts.
- Apple equipment provided.