Indigo Tree is looking for a Support Technician.
We are looking for a Support Technician to join our busy Support team. The primary purpose of this role is to act as a first line of support for clients, dealing with website queries and issues, ensuring clients’ expectations are managed and ultimately ensuring client satisfaction. You will evaluate the technical expertise required for a client’s request, check the budget and then either complete the task or delegate appropriately to another team member.
Reporting to: Support Team Lead
- Acting as a key contact for clients, responding to their enquiries in line with agreed SLAs
- Ensuring support tickets raised by clients, via email or phone, are triaged correctly and escalated to the Project Management or Engineering team where needed
- Completing tickets in Teamwork Desk with details of all calls and contact
- Managing clients’ expectations and ensuring the perceived value of our service remains high
- A core understanding and awareness of the technologies in use on our sites
- Recording all time and ad-hoc purchases on project and support tasks in Teamwork
- Working with the development team to solve technical problems
- Estimating and selling pay-as-you-go time (or additional support time) to clients as appropriate
- Passing on potential sales leads to the Project Managers or MD
- General hosting and website maintenance admin e.g. managing/overseeing updates of WordPress, plugin or PHP versions.
You’ll have most of these skills:
- CMS experience (specifically WordPress)
- Basic image editing ability (e.g. using Photoshop)
- Basic SEO knowledge
- Basic code knowledge (HTML and CSS)
- Microsoft Office experience
- Hosting and DNS knowledge (desirable)
- Customer service / stakeholder management experience
- A precise attention to detail
- Positive, can-do attitude
- A team player
- Helpful and friendly manner
- Proven ability to prioritise workload and multitask effectively
- Excellent written communication
- Willing to go the extra mile for our clients
- The motivation to learn and constantly improve processes and tools
- The people skills to work with project managers and developers
About Indigo Tree
Indigo Tree is a website design and development agency with expertise in digital solutions, content creation and SEO (search engine optimisation) for businesses, schools, and agencies across the UK. We provide a strategic and well-rounded offering – from business and brand strategy to experience-led design and technology. Fundamental to our whole being and behaviour is integrity, which is born out of our passion for technology and business, and an enthusiasm to deliver the best results for our clients.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for an energetic, motivated person to join a busy, fast-paced environment. You will have excellent attention to detail and top-notch communication skills.
You will be highly organised, have good client management experience and be comfortable liaising with stakeholders at all levels within an organisation.
What’s on offer:
- 25 days annual leave + 8 public holidays
- A £500 personal training budget for further professional development and attending conferences
- Generous pension: Indigo Tree contribute 6%, which is double the minimum requirement
- Remote working would be considered (our development team are fully remote)
- Flexible working options; we have a lovely office in Tring, Hertfordshire
- A positive, supportive atmosphere!
- Dedicated training days to help you learn new skills
- Perkbox: monthly discounts on restaurants, cinema, and retail stores
- Opportunity to work on a variety of client accounts.