As a small but growing web development company in the historic market town of Berkhamsted, we are looking for an additional web developer who is familiar with taking designs and implementing them in WordPress or other CMS using PHP, CSS and HTML5. Our clients are typically businesses, educational establishments and sometimes local organisations typically requiring a custom WordPress based site. We currently have an abundance of projects in the pipeline with website development work growing 40% in the last 12 months.
The Website Developer will be responsible for the following:
- Development and layout of client web pages, inc graphics, animation and functionality based on designs provided.
- Develop client websites ensuring correct functionality and optimisation. This may include setting up hosting, emails and integrating mySQL databases with client websites
- Provide client support by making changes to pages and existing websites based on client requests and technology changes or to troubleshoot problems.
- Provide client support by backing up client websites and monitoring web servers.
- Monitoring client website technical performance.
- Assist the Company Director in the planning of overall company strategy regarding web development and search engine optimisation.
In addition to strong PHP and CSS are we would expect a number of the following skills (but not necessarily all of them):
- SASS (SCSS)
- Bootstrap 3
- Photoshop / Fireworks
|Salary||£18,000 - £25,000|