We are looking for an junior web developer to join our website development team based at our office in Berkhamsted. You will be familiar with taking designs and implementing them in WordPress or other CMS using PHP, CSS and HTML.
Junior Web Developer Responsibilties
The Website Developer will be responsible for the following:
- Building bespoke WordPress websites, themes & plugins
- Pixel perfect conversion of designs to code
- Assisting the support team with technical requests as required
- Ongoing maintenance for existing projects
- Troubleshoot and research solutions to technical challenge
- Assist the Company Director in the planning of overall company strategy regarding web development and search engine optimisation.
Junior Web Developer Skills
In addition to strong PHP and CSS are we would expect a number of the following skills:
- WordPress, PHP
- Photoshop, Illustrator or Affinity Designer
- Version Control (GIT)
- Comfortable using Terminal (CMD)
Experience with any of the following would be beneficial, but not required:
- Gulp, Grunt, React, WooCommerce
- JAMstack, Static Site Generators (Hugo/Gatsby)
- MVC Frameworks (Laravel or Symfony)
Employee benefits include but are not limited to;
- Allotted time each month to develop skills (ie, 8 hours)
- Training & conference budgets
- Costa Friday – Team lunch
Indigo Tree is a company that loves great design, WordPress and SEO. We enjoy helping our clients grow their business by designing, building and optimising amazing websites that keep them ahead of their competition.
We believe that a digital agency should not just be good at the design and geeky stuff, but also be good at the human side of things, meaning that we will are happy to guide our clients through the digital maze and explain the technical details in a way that our clients can understand. Everything we do is tailor-made to suit the unique requirements of each client and to offer exceptional levels of performance and quality.
Our clients are typically businesses, educational establishments and sometimes local organisations typically requiring a custom WordPress based site. We currently have an abundance of projects in the pipeline with website development work growing 20% in the last 12 months.
|Salary||£20,000 - £27,000|